During your first appointment your fertility doctor will ask you a few very important questions, so make sure you’re prepared. They’ll also give you a lot of information to think about so it’s wise to bring your significant other or a close friend just in case you miss something.
What you should be prepared to answer:
Being able to answers the doctor’s questions is just the beginning of a fertility appointment. In order to get the full experience and walk out of there with as much knowledge as possible you’ll need to ask your own questions. Preparing fertility appointment questions can be a daunting task for someone who has never dealt with fertility issues before so we’ve compiled a few to get you started.
1. What are the possible reasons we haven’t conceived yet?
2. Are there certain lifestyle risk factors that could impair the ability to conceive?
3. What treatment do you recommend we try first?
4. How often does this treatment lead to pregnancy?
5. Is there a risk of multiple pregnancies with this treatment?
6. What Fertility Tests do you recommend we try?
7. How many cycles should we try before coming back?
8. What diet changes should I make to improve the possibility of conceiving?
Those are just a few of many questions you could ask your fertility doctor, many questions you have may be specific to you. Don’t be afraid to ask your personal questions, answers to these could be the key to you and your partner conceiving a child.